Banking and fintech veterans to enhance leadership of company behind
the country’s fastest growing prepaid issuer
SIOUX FALLS, SD – (October 3, 2022) - Central Payments, architect of the award-winning Open*CP Fintech API Marketplace and ‘REAL’ Banking-as-a-Service (BaaS) provider, announces the initial Board of Directors following its August 2022 capital raise and the addition with four new senior vice presidents to the leadership team. The initial slate of Directors includes:
• Tony Scavuzzo, Managing Principal at Castle Creek Capital
• Sundeep Rana, Managing Principal at Castle Creek Capital
• Kathryn Petralia, Co-founder of Kabbage and Keep Financial
• Trent Sorbe, Founder and CEO of Central Payments, and
• Joe Tutera, President and CEO of Tutera Group and Chairman of Central Bank of
“I am delighted to welcome such an accomplished group of professionals as inaugural board members, and I look forward to calling on their immense experience during this exciting growth phase,” said Central Payments’ Founder and CEO Trent Sorbe. The Board will be formally set later this fall, and the company expects to announce at least one additional member in the coming months.
Central Payments also welcomes four new senior vice presidents to the leadership team:
• Chad Noble, Senior Vice President, Analytics and Business Intelligence and Interim Chief Financial Officer,
• Jessica Drew, Senior Vice President, General Counsel,
• Sridevi Anwar, promoted to Senior Vice President, Compliance and Risk, and
• Chris Schattin, Senior Vice President, Revenue
“As we continue to scale, it is imperative to hire leaders with the expertise and industry knowledge that Chad, Jessica, Sridevi and Chris bring to Central Payments. These strategic appointments will empower us in our next level of growth, and we are pleased to expand our already seasoned and tremendously valued team,” commented Sorbe.
Central Payments recently announced a $30 million growth equity raise to further accelerate its rapid growth trajectory. Proceeds from the raise are being used to facilitate strategic growth initiatives such as additional investments in technology, product, and staffing.
About Central Payments
Central Payments provides payments technology and issuing solutions for fintech and embedded finance businesses. The company’s Open*CP API Marketplace is one of the only ‘REAL’ banking-as-a-service (Baas) payments platforms built by fintech bankers. Open*CP’s vertical integration and its native-to-the-cloud technology are the drivers responsible for the rise to the fastest growing prepaid card issuer since 2015*. The company also operates Falls Fintech, its startup fintech accelerator and produces Fintech Brews & News, a podcast devoted to helping bridge the gap between banking, startups, and the entire fintech industry. Visit Central-Payments.com and FallsFintech.com for more information.
* Source: The Nilson Report, 2015 to present.